Did Judge Aileen Cannon do enough to ensure that the FBI’s investigation of former President Donald Trump’s materials seized from his Mar-a-Lago residence will be objective?
We know that Judge Cannon granted the request that Trump made to appoint a special master to review the material seized by the FBI. This person will separate personal things and possibly privileged items and also claim attorney-client privilege or executive privilege. Some of the materials seized include Trump’s “medical documents, correspondence related to taxes, and accounting information.”
The judge’s order has blocked the FBI from continuing to review any of the material until the new special master is appointed and has gone through the material. This is obviously a good move for the former president.
Developing Story with Dr. Ron Paul Reveals #1 Step Every American Needs to Take. Find Out More
But the order from Judge Cannon did not stop the “classification review” of the Director of National Intelligence, Avril Haines. It seems like the judge believes that Haines is “objective,” but she is a Biden appointee and has been mentored by John Brennan. If Haines is not objective, the decision to appoint the special master may be of no value.
There’s no doubt there was an overreach by the FBI. They even went through Barron Trump’s bedroom, the former president’s 16-year-old son, and Melania’s closet. The FBI seized a total of 11,000 documents as well as 1,800 other items.
One of the most telling things that the order revealed is how Biden and his team did not tell the truth about being involved in the action against former President Trump.
Joe Biden said that he didn’t have any notice of the FBI’s action against Trump.
Biden doubles down after bombshell report alleging that the Biden administration set the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago into motion:
“I didn’t have any advance notice. None. Zero. Not one single bit.” pic.twitter.com/iQPg18hZMP
— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) August 24, 2022
“I didn’t have any advance notice. None. Zero. Not one single bit,” Biden said. But did he protest too much?
But it seems that Biden’s administration set the whole seizure into motion. The White House Counsel’s office, along with Biden, was involved, according to the NARA Archivist Debra Steidel Wall’s letter.
“On April 11, 2022, the White House Counsel’s Office—affirming a request from the Department of Justice supported by an FBI letterhead memorandum—formally transmitted a request that NARA provide the FBI access to the 15 boxes for its review within seven days, with the possibility that the FBI might request copies of specific documents following its review of the boxes,” Wall wrote.
She went on to say that the Counsel to the President informed her that, in light of the circumstances that were presented, the president deferred to her determination in consultation with the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel. They could decide whether or not to uphold the former president’s asserted “protective assertion of executive privilege.”
Wall also wrote, “… I have therefore decided not to honor the former President’s ‘protective’ claim of privilege.”
The judge’s order made Joe Biden’s involvement in this action even more clear when focusing on the records that Trump had already turned over to NARA.
— Dr. Nickarama (@nickaramaOG) September 6, 2022
NARA communicated with Trump, saying it would proceed with “providing the FBI access to the records in question, as requested by the incumbent President, beginning as early as May 12, 2022,” according to the order.
So there you have it, Biden requested that the documents that had been turned over to NARA be provided to the FBI. So there is a bit of bait and switch going on here. The president may not have been privy to the exact moment of the raid, but he certainly knew of the involvement of the FBI. In fact, he requested it!
Leaving the “classification review” up to a Biden appointee just does not seem like the most objective move.